Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pumpkin Crisp


I love fall time not just because I'm ready for the season to change but I love fall foods, soups, breads, desserts. I bake A LOT more in the the fall and winter than I do during the summer. I love pumpkin recipes, this pumpkin crisp is a favorite of Rich's. 

Crust
1 yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup of cake mix for later use)
1/2 cup soft butter
1 egg
Mix together until creamy
 Spread in bottom of 9x13 greased pan

Mix together 
1 15oz can of pumpkin
2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup canned milk
3 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
Pour over crust

Topping
1 cup cake mix(that you saved from above)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture

Bake at 350 for 1 hour

Top with whipped cream.
We store this dessert in the fridge, I think it's best cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment