Friday, November 11, 2011

Vegetable Rice



Sandy's Vegetables and Fried Rice
3 cups of cooked rice
1 Tablespoon oil
1/2 cup green onion
1 pound of chicken or ham
1 cup of diced onion
1 cup of frozen peas
4 big grated carrots
1 Green and 1 Red Bell Pepper
1 cup of Celery
1 can of water chestnuts(optional)
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
3 scrambled eggs
Cook chicken in oil for about10 minutes. If you use ham, I buy a 1lb ham steak and chop it up and just brown it in the skillet. Add vegetables to meat until veggies are tender. At this point your suppose to add the rice to the vegetables that are in the skillet. But this recipe makes so much I don't have a skillet that will fit all the rice and veggies in it. So, I take the cooked rice dump it in a BIG bowl and add the vegetables and then the eggs. After that, add the garlic powder, salt and soy sauce.
**If I didn't have a food processor to chop up my vegetables I probably wouldn't be patient enough to dice them up by hand, so if you have one you'll want to use it for this recipe. I even stuck my carrots in the food processor, I started to grate them and it was taking way to long**

No comments:

Post a Comment