Friday, November 11, 2011

Zuppa Toscana Soup

My sister Holly introduced me to this recipe, it's a family favorite now.  Last night I thought I would switch up my bread stick recipe and wrap it around a stick like they do at the Pizza Factory.


1 lb of ground Italian sausage
1 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 large diced white onion
4 tbsp real bacon bits(I used packaged bacon)
2 tsp of garlic puree
10 cups of water
5 cubes of chicken bouillon
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb of russet potatoes (I added about 5 potatoes)
1/4 bunch of kale (finely chopped)

1. Saute Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In the same pan, saute bacon, onions and garlic until onions are soft
3. Mix together chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
4. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
5. Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
6. Stir in the sausage.
7. Add kale just before serving.
**The only thing I might change on this recipe is doubling the meat. There is a lot of broth in this soup, I think it needs a little more meat to it. I might add more meat next time I make this recipe**
Bon Appetite'

No comments:

Post a Comment